gcompris?

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg at redhat.com
Tue Jan 23 06:26:09 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 16:43 +0545, Bryan Berry wrote:
> Has anyone tried porting gcompris to Sugar yet?  We would like to port
> at least the maths activities from Gcompris (www.gcompris.net) and
> localize them into Nepali.  Would love to hear if anyone has tried and
> any problems they might have encountered.

Hello,

this looks pretty cool from the screenshots!

I don't think anyone tried to port it before. Or at least I'm not aware
of it. From a quick look to the code I see a couple of issues:

* The framework is written in C

We can solve this either wrapping the GComprisBoard API in python or by
implementing the activity in C. In general we have been using the first
option but in this case the second one could make sense too, since you
can already write gcompris boards in python.

* It depends on gnome-canvas

We might ship it with the bundle or it could be added to the system (if
it's small enough it might be worth).

Marco