XO with camera tilting in the top edge

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Jan 16 16:26:22 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 15:18 -0200, José Antonio wrote:
> What about a 3-tilt-position camera that can works with laptop closed?
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com.br/joseantoniorocha/OLPC/photo#5016329897609535426

The hardware is pretty much set at this point.  A redesign like that
would just cause delays and would have a per laptop cost.  Plus the fact
that it is another movable part which would sit on the outside of the
case kind of goes against the design point of making these laptops
ruggedized.  Good idea but I don't think it is doable.  If we were going
to add a moving part I would want a scroll wheel.