[Fwd: Need Help on creating SMALL/Delta O.S. Builds] (schedule related)

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Fri Jan 5 15:53:03 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 20:23 +0000, William Bradley wrote:
> 24 MB is still pretty daunting at the bit rates we have been seeing lately.
>
> If C-D can beat that significantly, it would be worth doing.  As the number of laptops increases, the value of such a capability will only increase.

This is just stopgap for right now.  We can get better I think by doing
diffs of the trees themselves.  That is why we generate them and keep
them around.  The idea is to do a bdiff on them inorder to provide
updates to base systems.  Of course there are issue we need to work out
like a user changing configuration files.  If C-D can come up with
something in the meantime, that would be great.  I'm doing a build with
a smaller changeset tonight.  We will see if the diff still remains
high.