[sugar] A special linux distribution for developing OLPC applications

MBurns maburns at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 20:33:55 EST 2007

Hi,

The Open Source Lab here in Oregon is actively looking into bring
online a development cluster that might meet your needs. The idea
being that we have 10 or so OLPC machines and give out user accounts
to developers interested in the project. They would be able to login
and have a full OLPC+Sugar system to play and develop on, with some
form of load-balancing across the various machines.

This is still a bit of a ways off (days, weeks?), and I am not sure
how bandwidth/latency issues will be from Nepal to Oregon.

The advantage of course being that we could provide a very large
number of developers with the very latest stable code and not worry
about who gets sent a test machine or not, as most developers don't
need the hardware on their desk to do their work.

/my 2 cents
--
Michael Burns * Security Student
NET * Oregon State University