Dead/stuck pixel ?

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Thu Jan 4 10:56:16 EST 2007

1) we had no dcon chip boards at the time the BTest-1 build occurred,
Chi Mei had not way to test the screens properly.  So a few dead pixels
on some displays are to be expected.  We may very well even allow a few
in production, if it significantly decreases the cost.

2) IF YOU HAVE WORKING PIXELS THAT GO DEAD, in everyday normal use on a
machine that's not been abused, we want to hear about it.  But we'd be
surprised if this happens often, as the basic TFT manufacturing process
used in our display essentially the same as standard displays (our
secret sauce is everywhere else except the TFT).  So this would be
unusual and something we really want to track.
                                 Regards,
                                     - Jim

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 23:38 +1100, Alex Gibson wrote:
> Is it worth reporting a dead/stuck pixel as a bug ?
> There is already ticket 573.
> Just a single one so far.
>
> Visible when using the terminal/console.
> Dead center 1/4 the way up the screen(from the bottom).
>
> Also when in console only , (no x)
> the whole screen keeps going blank(completely blank)
>
> Goes blank for 5 to 10 seconds then comes back to the console
> This occurs if one or more consoles are used from the
> console login. Occurs once every 30 seconds.
> Very annoying.
>
> But if I boot normally and start the console once sugar is up and running
> this doesn't occur.
>
> Still using build 193, will upgrade to 212 tomorrow and see if I still
> get the
> same problem.
>
> Has anyone else seen a similar problem ?
>

> Alex Gibson
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child