Customizing OLPC system

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg at redhat.com
Tue Feb 27 09:17:12 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 10:38 -0300, "João Bosco A. Pereira Filho" wrote:
> Marco Pesenti Gritti escreveu:
> > On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 11:28 -0300, "João Bosco A. Pereira Filho" wrote:
> >
> > We plan to implement installation from the web really soon.
> >
> > The other features described by the HIG will be implemented late in the
> > btest-3 development cycle, because they depend on the network
> > infrastructure to be completed.
> >
> > Marco
> >

> Great!
>
>     What if I want to install some activities in 1.000.000 laptops (or
> "just" 100.000)? I think it could be better to make a custom image pendrive.
>     Is it possible to make an image from a previously configured laptop?
> How?

The distro guys on list will probably be able to answer this question
better than me... I guess images will be customized per country at some
point.

What I can say is that plugging in a pendrive with a bunch of activities
and allow to install all of them from the Sugar home page with a couple
of clicks would be possible, if desired.

Marco