Priorities during the period running up to BTest-3 for the base system

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 15:20:40 EST 2007

On 1/29/07, Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 11:35 +1300, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> > Where are these discussions/explorations going to take place?
> My inclination would be this mailing list....

Sorry about the ensuing silence -- Just back from doing some work
overseas. Has any discussion taken place elsewhere? Can't spot any
relevant threads on this list just yet.

I have a few ideas around this -- namely, that it'd need to be a
system with a complete package manager yum/apt style, with a high
level ui for selecting metapackages that take care of configuration,
not unlike what Ubuntu has these days. And that some course / school
management facilities will be needed, and that they'll be not quite
the conventional school management system.

But before fleshing these out, I'd like to be on top of the current discussion.

cheers,.