codec optimization

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 14:07:26 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 01:36 +0800, Chih-Chung Chang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in helping optimize the video/audio codec used in OLPC.
> But I don't know which one will be used mainly. Can anyone point it out to me?

It's likely Ogg Theora (video) and Ogg Vorbis (audio).  They are in need
to some optimization help, so anything you could provide would be great.

Anything in particular you're interested in?  Ogg Theora right now is
the worse of the two, especially on the encoding side.  If you'd like,
you can either send some mail to the project list, or we can put you in
touch with developers for more direct contact.

Thanks!
Dan