Gnash and SDL (was Re: SDL port status?)

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 21:31:41 EST 2007

On 12/02/07, John (J5) Palmieri <johnp at redhat.com> wrote:

> So there are a couple of options here.  Convince me and others that
> SDL's space to usefulness ratio warrants it in the base system, package
> up SDL in your activity or port to gtk/HippoCanvas.

At this stage, I'm not asking for the inclusion of SDL in the base
system.  I'm just trying to establish whether there is a working and
available SDL port for XO, which in turn would enable the porting of
PyGame.

This would enable a two pronged educational project for the XO:
a) A port of Child's Play ( http://childsplay.sourceforge.net/ ) which
provides educational games and activities for younger children
b) The creation of a curriculum aimed at teaching older children
programming with Python and PyGame where the aim is to teach them
enough to create and/or enhance educational games and activities in
the form of Child's Play plugins.

--
Mamading Ceesay

"the skill of programming is to create a context in which other people
can share."
--Adrian Holovaty