Inkscape and OLPC

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Feb 8 17:44:27 EST 2007

Ooops...prematurely sent the last one...

Anyway, want to get Inkscape ported over to Sugar/OLPC. I'm curious if
OLPC/Sugar will support gtkmm, libsigc++, pango, and cairo. Inkscape is
refactoring and porting to C++/GTKMM right now and are necessary. So,
are these libraries included and/or could they be considered for
inclusion on the device?

Also, are there general porting pages on the wiki to point out?

Also, are there general procedures or methods for Inkscape to be
considered for inclusion on the OLPC above and beyond the Sugar HIG.

With Inkscape, we are looking to lib'ify it more so we can have some
like inkcore libraries, upon which we or someone else could make
something like inkpaint for kids.

Does this interest anyone? Lets get the big guns on this one :)

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA