Making OLPC Live CD

Manish Regmi manish at olpcnepal.org
Sun Feb 4 10:46:11 EST 2007

On 2/4/07, Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero <dirakx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> Here is a  script based on Manish procedure (commented in Spanish if it
> could serve to anyone)
>
> http://el-directorio.org/OLPC/Remasterizando_una_imagen_del_OLPC
>

> it still has not root fs.. suggestion are welcome.

For this you will need to change the initrd image too. But i think the root
hierarchy in cd wont work( It might work if /tmp is writeable; make it
ramdisk)

mv initrd-xxx <some temp file>/initrd.img.gz
cd <some temp file>
gunzip initrd.img.gz
cpio -i < initrd.img
change the etc/fstab to mount root as /dev/hdc (or whatever)
repack it as initrd.

NOTE: We may also need to change the init or initialization script that
remounts the root to make it work with cd.