OLPC News 2007-12-30

Jaya Kumar jayakumar.lkml at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 15:30:02 EST 2007

On Dec 31, 2007 3:23 AM, Mitch Bradley <wmb at laptop.org> wrote:
> resetting without the EC's knowledge.  There is a 2-line patch in the
> ticket; it makes the kernel reboot using the approved EC interaction.

Looking at your trac entry, I see:

"The change is in arch/i386/kernel/reboot_fixups.c :
cs5536_warm_reset(), more or less like this:
+ #ifdef CONFIG_OLPC
+    outb(0xdb, 0x66);
+    udelay (1000000);
+ #endif
   wrmsrl(0x51400017, 1ULL);
   udelay(50);
"

> I have been trying for 2 months to get this fix included in the kernel,
> but so far I haven't managed to get any traction.

I am unsure if you mean the olpc repo or if you mean you haven't been
able to get the patch into Linus's mainline tree. If you mean
mainline, I didn't see the patch and can't find your posting in
linux-kernel at vger archives. If you can repost your patch after diffing
it against mainline (the file may be renamed to
arch/x86/kernel/reboot_fixups_32.c after the x86-64 merge) and please
CC me, I would be happy to ack it and Andres's previous one as well.

Thanks,
jaya