licensing: GPLv2, v3, and Apache

Jeffrey Kesselman jeffpk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 19:44:10 EST 2007

BTW... 'free' is a vauge and funny term.

I'd argue that BSD and Apache are much freer then GPL because they
push no terms upon the users.  Others would probably argue that GPL is
"more free' because what it pushes on the users is that they must in
term make their code free.

Its all in how you look at it and where your politics lie.  I've
honestly always been somewhat uncomfortable with the coercive nature
of GPL. though in the specific case of the PD server it matched
exactly what I wanted.

JK

--
~~ Microsoft help desk says: reply hazy, ask again later. ~~