A couple of "adult use case" questions

Rob Savoye rob at welcomehome.org
Thu Dec 27 18:39:44 EST 2007

Walter Bender wrote:
> There is no T-Mobile hotspot outside of lounges at Logan. They have
> granted a monopoly to a woefully inadequate provider.

  A year ago I was using a B1 unit with T-mobile after my regular laptop
self-destructed on a work trip through Europe. (I already have a
T-mobile web account) Since then, I've connected various X0 models
through T-mobile many times around the world, as it often gets better
signal strength than my Compal laptop. Nice when the airline terminal is
far from the access point... For another data point, I've never had any
trouble getting connected since about build 300 or so. The keyboard
drives me a bit nuts, but you get used to it. Mutt and fetchmail run
decently on the X0 when you need them to. :-)

  I used to get funny looks doing this, (the little green machine with
ears) but it was always a good time to explain the OLPC project. The
last few months it seems like everyone has heard of the OLPC project,
and most wholeheartedly think it's a great idea.

	- rob -