A couple of "adult use case" questions

Walter Bender walter at laptop.org
Thu Dec 27 17:01:01 EST 2007

Alas, try logging into the WiFi system at Boston's Logan Airport. I've
not been able to get the website to let me select alternative service
provider using either Firefox of Opera on an Ubuntu machine... Haven't
tried recently with an XO; maybe I'll have better luck.

-walter

On Dec 27, 2007 4:57 PM, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 26, 2007 7:20 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb at cesmail.net> wrote:
> > 2. My experience with wireless in hotels and Linux is that:
>
> I've seen those (sometimes with JS/HTML breakage that would only work
> in IE) in the past, but they are mostly gone or going away. You can
> always get ie4linux if you have disk space for it. Or WebKit-GTK (for
> a Safari-lookalike).
>
> In the last 2 years I haven't seen any breakage with APs on
> linux/firefox. Perhaps I'm just lucky but I've done a lot of
> travelling...
>
> cheers,

Walter Bender
One Laptop per Child