A couple of "adult use case" questions

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Thu Dec 27 16:24:50 EST 2007

On Tuesday 25 December 2007, Vern Ceder wrote:
> >    a. You usually need Windows and IE to authenticate the first time.
> > This isn't a problem because my other laptops have been dual-booted, but
> > the XO isn't and won't be.
>
> I've NEVER run across a site where I couldn't log in with Firefox,
> although I did have some trouble with my Nokia N800 browser (Opera
> based, I think) at the Denver airport last month.

Same here, but I remember one case where a hotel had a system that
relied on the specific (mis)behavior of the Windows name resolver, as
it was returning DNS replies with an incorrect source address
in  order to redirect web browsers to the login page.
Windows and MacOS X accepted these just fine, while Linux didn't...

	Arnd <><