Error: Missing Dependency: libpoppler-glib.so.1 is needed by package evince-olpc

Jim Oser oserj at concentric.net
Wed Dec 26 19:36:05 EST 2007

I am trying to make a developer system with the source code.

I downloaded and installed ship2-olpc-653.vmdk and ship2-olpc-653.vmx

This is working fine in my VMWare Fusion setup.

I then enabled the repos in yum.repos.d

When I do

#yum update

I get:

Error: Missing Dependency: libpoppler-glib.so.1 is needed by package
evince-olpc

I am trying to follow the instructions at:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Fedora

I have been through the commands on http://wiki.laptop.org/go/
Sugar_on_Fedora several times and never get a clean build.

I want to get the development system working with VMWare Fusion on
the Mac.

Was I wrong in choosing ship2-olpc-653 as my base system?

Should I have chosen a different distribution?

What are the correct repos?

I am also getting

> -bash-3.2# yum update
> Excluding Packages from OLPC development (koji sources)

is that right?

Jim Oser