Latest stable build in Ship.2

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Wed Dec 26 13:46:34 EST 2007

On Dec 26, 2007 12:27 PM, ffm <ffm at intserverror.com> wrote:
> According to the download page for ship.2, 653 is the latest signed stable,
> but according to OS images the latest image is 650. Since many issues that
> were in 650 have been fixed in 653, and 653 seems to run w/o issues, why the
> two different sources?
>
> Since 653 is signed and (iirc) fixed WPA issues, should we not tell users to
> update to 653 to fix their issues?

653 was a stop-gap release and has been tested only as a clean
install.  Upgrading from 650 to 653 has not been tested, and so using
olpc-update to get from 650 to 653 is not (yet?) recommended.

That is the reason for the discrepancy: we can't yet recommend 653 as
an update.  Users who need WPA should do a clean install of 653, which
will remove any content they had created in the Journal.

At the moment, Update.1 will be the first recommended/tested *update*
(as opposed to clean install), although it is possible we will release
something-like-653 which we could feel comfortable recommending as an
update.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )