Playing with IDEs

Jeffrey Kesselman jeffpk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 17:37:12 EST 2007

All these arguments are very logical... and go against the reality of
the game industry and its entire history.  An industry I worked in for
15 years.

Yes you can dynamically scale art... and you lose visual fidelity.
Yes you can run on a "letterboxed" screen.  And it looks like hell and
is distracting to the players.

Now, if you have decided that professional or equivalent to
professional games is unimportant then thats your call...  but don't
kid yourself about what you are deciding.

Now this isnt to say that a minimum resolution cant work in the same
way it works on PCs... it works IF you can go full screen at that
resolution and if the game can request that resolution.

--
~~ Microsoft help desk says: reply hazy, ask again later. ~~