how to get an activation key without wifi ?

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Sun Dec 23 18:10:24 EST 2007

On Dec 23, 2007 4:01 PM, Mr frÿffffffffffe9dÿffffffffffe9ric pouchal
<fred260571 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> I have a G1G1 olpc and I need an activation key
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activation_and_Developer_Keys

You mean, "Developer Key".  G1G1 machines are pre-activated from the factory.

> The first method requires a wifi connection , I don't
> have wifi , and there is no wifi spot where I live
> The second method requires an account on
> https://activation.laptop.org
> I have searched the web quite a lot , and I don't find
> anywhere any method to get an account

You have several options:
 a) use a USB-to-wired ethernet adapter to get your XO on the net,
then use the method built into the XO.
 b) you can copy the file /home/.devkey.html from the XO to another
(network-connected) machine, and perform the process from that
machine.
 c) You can submit a written request via snail mail.  The contact
address on the OLPC website should work:
     One Laptop per Child
     P.O. Box 425087
     Cambridge, MA 02142
     U.S.A.
Include at least the serial number of the laptop; the UUID would be
helpful but not necessary.
  --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )