Give One Get One laptop for software development

Jeffrey Kesselman jeffpk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 16:31:08 EST 2007

Eic looks really nice.  I tooka  first stab at installing it but (a)
it has a LOt of dependancies that take up a lto of room and 9b) one of
the dependnacies, QScintilla, doesn't seem to be available as a binary
and I gacve up at that point.

I might look at idle to see if its as bad...

JK

On Dec 23, 2007 4:24 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb at cesmail.net> wrote:
> Jeffrey Kesselman wrote:
> > The discussion thread rather looks like it suffered from a 'too many
> > cooks" problem.
> >
> > Aren't there any existing small ide's written in pyton for python?
>
> The two main IDEs for Python are "Eric" and "Idle" (bonus points for
> knowing who Eric Idle is and what *other* group besides Monty Python he
> belonged to.) :)
>
> That said, IIRC a lot of the Python numeric code is bundled into the XO
> base, and a lot of *that* is already optimized. For example, the Atlas
> linear algebra library is on the XO (although it's the i386 version --
> it's not yet optimized for the Geode). So I am guessing the original
> task -- elliptic curve cryptography -- could well be done efficiently on
> the XO in Python using "pippy" as the IDE.

~~ Microsoft help desk says: reply hazy, ask again later. ~~