Give One Get One laptop for software development

Jeffrey Kesselman jeffpk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 13:18:50 EST 2007

Keep in mind though that it has the "chicklet' keyboard that really
isnt suited to writing a whole lot at once.

I haven't tried plugging a USB kb in.  I dont know if it would work.

My devel environment is an emulator for development and my give/get
for testing.

JK

On Dec 23, 2007 1:00 PM, ffm <ffm at intserverror.com> wrote:
> It has wireless connectivity, so you should be able to ssh via wifi.
>
> -ffm
>

> On Nov 27, 2007 10:52 PM, Danilo Câmara <dfcamara at ic.unicamp.br > wrote:
> > I'm a student at State University of Campinas, Brazil. I'm researching
> > efficient implementation of Elliptic Curve Cryptography in constrained
> > environments. I'm working with an ARM XScale PXA270 platform but would
> > like also to work with a x86-based constrained platform. I think the
> > OLPC laptop is an interesting option for many reasons.
> >
> > I'd like to know if one of those laptops of the Give One Get One program
> > are suitable for software development? I guess so, but would like to be
> > sure.
> >
> > Do I need any special hardware or cable to connect to the OLPC laptop
> > from my desktop? A telnet or SSH connection is all I need.
> >
> > I want real timings, so I think an emulated solution would not be
> > suitable.
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Danilo Câmara <dfcamara at ic.unicamp.br>

~~ Microsoft help desk says: reply hazy, ask again later. ~~