Fooling with Java

Jeffrey Kesselman jeffpk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 15:25:27 EST 2007

Thanks Guys.

I decided to try something a bit lighter weight so i installed JEdit.
I discovered that alt-p/alt-n and at elast for JEdit that works to get
my editor window up front.

Two oddities  in mtachbook/java pairing still.

(1) Although the system window is full screen its not resizing the
Java pane to full screen but to more like 1/3 of the screen.  I'm
wondering if matchbook is somehow lying to Java about the native
window size.  I suspect I could hack that for a "OLPC" build since the
screen size is a constant.

(2) More importantly, pull down Java?Swing menus don't work right.
When I cli k on the menu it appears but as soon as I release the
button it disappears.  The proper behavior, and what I see with this
same jar file on other systems, is that the menu stays so you can
select an entry.

Second part of this is even if I try to do "hold button and drag" to
select an entry , it doesn't highlight the entry right.  Its worth
noting that using KB short cuts for menus and entries DOES do the
right thing on screen so it seems like its specific to the mouse
interraction.

Other then that, it seems to work great!

JK

On Dec 22, 2007 7:23 AM, Yuan Chao <yuanchao at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 22, 2007 5:00 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb at cesmail.net> wrote:
>
> > I brought up a couple of X apps from the terminal window on my virtual
> > XO. Alt-Tab cycles through the windows, including the Journal.
> You can also use Alt-p or Alt-n to cycle through the windows.
> The related keyboard shortcuts can be found here.
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Keyboard_Shortcuts
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Yuan Chao

~~ Microsoft help desk says: reply hazy, ask again later. ~~