Updating a B4 machine for the first time

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Sat Dec 22 13:08:43 EST 2007

Jake B wrote:
> Could you please post instructions? I think others would benefit
> (myself included).
> Thanks.
>
> Jake
I don't know if these instructions will work for others. Anyway:

I've followed the infos on the wiki to prepare a usb key with latest
firmware and build image.

Then, from the open firmware prompt (ok is the prompt, it is not part of
the command):

ok flash u:\boot\q2d07.rom

This updated the firmware. Then I did:

ok copy-nand u:\boot\os653.img