Fooling with Java

Jeffrey Kesselman jeffpk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 20:04:25 EST 2007

Okay,

I have a JDK installed and it seems to work.  For grins i put netbeans
 on my USB stick and fired it up.

It seems to be working however I get no main display. I do get pop up
dialogs though.

My suspicion is that Netbeans is asking the X wm for a Window and,
sicne from what I cna see the "window manager" in the OLPC is
windowless (one fullscreen root window only) it ends u pwitha null
window and all the drawing goes down the bit bucket.

Has anyone else played with this?  If so does anyone know any magic to
get it to use the root "window" for the app frame?

JK

--
~~ Microsoft help desk says: reply hazy, ask again later. ~~