Updating a B4 machine for the first time
Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves
justivo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 13:48:03 EST 2007
On 12/21/07, Cesare Marilungo <cesare at poeticstudios.com> wrote:
> The developer console says:
> OLPC Build: None.
> Firmware: None.
That IS strange.
The process of updating is easy, though.
1) Get a USB key with 500mb of free space.
2) Get the olpc-auto.zip (it's linked on the wiki) and extract it to the USB key
3) You'll have a "boot" directory there now. Download the stable or
unstable image (also linked in the wiki). If you want the stable
right now it's version 653. You'll find a os653.img and os653.crc,
get both files inside the "boot" directory
4) Plug the energy cord, turn off the laptop, insert USB key, turn on laptop
5) It's all automatic, but watch for warnings and that's it
P.S: I reckon the olpc-auto.zip has an older firmware image. That is
not a problem, but if you'll want to use the more recent one, you have
to throw it inside the "boot" folder AND delete the older .rom file
More information about the Devel