Laptop debug

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Fri Dec 21 01:38:50 EST 2007

John Watlington wrote:

> The debug adapters cost us around $100 to make, due to the small
> quantity built.  We treasure them dearly, as we sometime need 50 or
> more in a testbed!

With the NRE they were $49/per.  A future order of Qty 200 would be
$38/per.  If we dropped the extra ttl<->rs-232 hardware and only did
ttl<->usb then they would be a bit cheaper but not much.  Quanta did the
cables for us though so we would have to order some of them.  Which
would probably be a few $$ extra.

If enough people want to get together and group buy I can arrange that
but unless we do a min order of 200 it won't be worth it.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child