Oprofile, swap

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Wed Dec 19 10:56:01 EST 2007

On 18/12/07 22:54 -0800, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Jordan Crouse wrote:
>> On 18/12/07 12:39 -0500, Chris Ball wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>    > However, you appear to be correct about the oprofile kernel.
>>>
>>>    > $ grep OPROFILE config*
>>>    > config-olpc-generic:# CONFIG_OPROFILE is not set
>>>
>>> It is enabled in our kernel:
>>>
>>> -bash-3.2# grep OPROFILE
>>> /boot/config-2.6.22-20071204.2.olpc.9679b65c8c5ed6e CONFIG_OPROFILE=m
>>>
>>> Our kernel config lives in olpc-2.6/arch/i386/configs.
>> It is indeed there - but oprofile is still having issues.  It seems that
>> the sample data that is being written out is invalid (files are filled
>> with
>> only zeros, as far as  I can tell) , and opreport spits back errors,
>> consistant with badly formed sample files.
>> We need some people who understand oprofile to take a look at whats
>> happening
>> and diagnose it.
>> Jordan
>
> Uh ... you're from AMD? Can you get CodeAnalyst to work on an XO? That
> would be &$^%&$ awesome!

Heh - sorry.  It would take quite a bit for CodeAnalyst to understand the
Geode architecture, since the Geode is to the K8 like a skateboard is to
a rocket car.  We'll have to make due with what we have, I'm afraid.

(But thanks for your faith in CodeAnalyst.. :) )

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer