Someone didn't get the memo...;-)

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 19 07:33:02 EST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007, at 7:12 AM, Ed Montgomery wrote:
> Otherwise, you are wasting bandwidth on this list.  I don't speak for
> anyone other than myself, of course, but I am not
> remotely interested in anything that is NOT open
> source.  Perhaps you could start a closed source list
> of some sort to post your theories, and other like
> minded souls can pontificate on the wonders of closed
> source software.  Good luck.  This is an open
> education project, not a closed, secret, keep people
> ignorant project.

It has taken you significantly more time to compose this response than
to have simply read the disclaimer to John's message, decided it
didn't fit your criteria for "interesting" and skipped it. As long as
they're not off-topic or disruptive to the list, I'm happy to see
various ideas posted, even if somewhat crackpot; I suspect we won't
hear about most of them after replying with "please let us know when
there's code ready", but perhaps at least parts will be useful or
point us to things we haven't yet considered.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org