DCON improvements...

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Mon Dec 17 15:28:17 EST 2007

On 17/12/07 13:22 -0500, David Woodhouse wrote:
> If we should design a next generation of DCON chip, are there any
> improvements we should make to it?

I remember that we really needed to synchronize the vsync with the GPU -
either generate the vsync externally and drive both components, or output
the vsync from one to use as the input on the other.  Whichever your GPU
of choice might be able to support.

I'm sure more thoughts will dribble out later as I work through the blocks
that my mind set up to protect me from the DCON pain we once suffered
through.

Jordan
--
Jordan Crouse