multiple MTD partitions

Joel Stanley joel.stan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 01:51:26 EST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 4:46 PM, Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> wrote:
> This makes a hell of a lot of sense. In a synchronous filesystem like
> JFFS2, constant and repeated writes to the same single page will keep
> pummeling the underlying flash needlessly

It makes a hello of a lot of sense in the scenario you describe.

However, how will this positive effect be negated by data loss due to
loss of power? There will be times where power is unexpectedly
removed, and I would expect this scenario to be common with our user
base.

JFFS2 has done an excellent job, at least on my xos, of keeping
filesystem integrity after sudden power-offs.

Joel