Project Hosting request: LiveBackup_XO-LiveCD

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Dec 16 18:55:24 EST 2007

Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
> WolfgangRohrmoser at web.de wrote:
>> 1. Project name                 : LiveBackup_XO-LiveCD
>> 2. Existing website, if any :
>> 3. One-line description     : Live-CD build based on the LiveBackup Framework
>>
>> 4. Longer description       : Live-CD's are created from official OLPC builds.
>>                             : Unmodified images are converted to squashfs
>>                             : filesystems and embedded into a
>>                             : framework which provides everything
>>                             : needed to run a live system.
>>    please create a shell account, because we want to use dev.laptop.org to
>>    distribute the Live-CD
>>
> This LiveCD should be very helpful going forward and seems likely to be
> easily maintained.  Having it available on the OLPC servers would be a
> good thing and I'm strongly for having the project created (I suggested
> applying for the project in order to have that happen).

We *used* to have a livecd flavor being built by pilgrim a few
months ago, but eventually it bitrot and nobody cared enough
to restore it.

Maybe you could just see what's broken and send us a pilgrim patch
to fix it.  I just wrote some documentation that may be useful
to you:

  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Building_custom_images

--
 \___/