Project Hosting request: LiveBackup_XO-LiveCD

Samy Boutayeb s.boutayeb at free.fr
Sun Dec 16 18:07:02 EST 2007

Hello Wolfgang,

I second your project.
I am confident that the distribution of XO-LiveCDs to schools in places where
the deployment of the XOs id not planned will help us to support the project.
I have such a pilot project in mind, which should be carried out in some
schools, here in France.
However, considering the fact that the OLPC staff has higher priorities (which
is fully understandable), we will certainly use the sugar environment and the
activities developed for the XO on standard PC and develop our own
grassroot-projects, based on the XO-LiveCD.
I am quite sure that the XO-LiveCD will contribute to emerge similar
educational projects and create new dynamics in the education sector, at
least here in Europe.
Finally, this perspective makes the XS-Server project - and especially the
XS-LiveCD - more actual, since we may foresee the demand for decentralized XS
servers with repositories for librairies, downloadable activities and local
jabber servers.

Best regards,

Samy