Enable security in Update.1 builds

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Sat Dec 15 12:11:32 EST 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 10:38 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2007 4:36 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
> > The Roadmap lists activity isolation as a release criterion for
> > Update.1. Was there a public announcement that I missed explaining why
> > activity isolation was ever turned off?
>
> Michael, I don't think it was turned off. We branched update.1 from
> ship.2, and ship.2 had security disabled.

Yes, I meant to create an update.1 branch for pilgrim based on
joyride's pilgrim, but instead update.1 builds started being made from
the old ship.2 branch (the state of the 'old' update.1 right before it
was renamed to ship.2).  I've gone through the diffs from joyride to
update.1 carefully now, and with the exception of trac #5510
(evince-olpc renaming), trac #5153 (olpc-network-capture needs to be
moved to olpc-utils), trac #5511(uncertain whether library cleanup has
been done upstream), and the list of Activities (walter has promised
me an updated list), the diff looks sane.

FWIW, I have a number of pending pilgrim changes for update.1/joyride
still: trac #3881 might require generation of a 'USB upgrade' blob for
devel_jffs; trac #5320 (sshd configuration tweak); trac #5371
(olpc.fth tweak).  They'll land in both update.1 and joyride before
code freeze.
 --scott