Enable security in Update.1 builds

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Sat Dec 15 10:05:25 EST 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 6:31 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> we need to enable security in the Update.1 images, since the plan is
> to ship with it enabled. Looks like it's turned off in pilgrim at the
> moment.
>
> 463  echo "  - turning off security by default"
> 464  rm -f $INSTALL_ROOT/etc/olpc-security
>
> Dennis, we are planning to request approval for a few more packages
> this afternoon, it would be good to make a new build with all of this
> in.

Is there some reason why joyride isn't working as a development build for you?

I've attempted to remove the ship.2-specific patches from pilgrim's
update.1 branch and synchronize it with joyride.  That should enable
security, but it looks like ohm might not be started until cjb
addresses trac #5509 (see also trac #5510 and 5511).
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )