My git repository is stuck with a lock problem

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Fri Dec 14 16:57:00 EST 2007

My git repository hosted on laptop.org seems to be "stuck" for the past
three or four hours.  Here are the messages I when I try to git push:

[paulproteus at f7 License.activity]$ git push
updating 'refs/heads/master'
   from bb231162b87e27a389754b67bfafd8cdeafe03d0
   to   c3e252284fb8df59dc959ff64de7d0838b162d37
  Also local refs/remotes/origin/master
Generating pack...
Done counting 3 objects.
Deltifying 3 objects...
  100% (3/3) done
Writing 3 objects...
  100% (3/3) done
Total 3 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
fatal: unable to create 'refs/heads/master.lock': File exists
error: failed to push to
'git+ssh://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/cclicensing'
[paulproteus at f7 License.activity]$

(I'm doing this push from a Fedora vserver on my desktop.)

The network my XO was on had major problems, so I had to disconnect it
after it hang after a 'git push' started.  I guess the dev.laptop.org is
still waiting for it to finish; but it will never finish.  (I'm honestly
rather supprised git can even get into a situation like this.)

Who could fix this, and/or is there a way for fix it myself?  (And is this
the right place to ask?)

Thanks!

-- Asheesh.

--
Admiration, n.:
 	Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.