connection to jabber.laptop.org

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Thu Dec 13 17:08:44 EST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 1:05 PM, Giannis Galanis wrote:

> I also installed the rpm in custom machine(not a school server) in
> 1CC.
>
> I must note that the ejabberdctl-extra.diff patch in the wiki page
> is for another version than 1.1.4.
>
> I used the config file ejabberd.cgf which I  got from
> jabber.laptop.org
> John, I didnt use the "jtest" account, but "omicron" which danny
> created for me last week. I got the file from /home/wad

The accounts are not registered in the ejabberd.cfg file.   They are
kept in database (which can
be dumped and reloaded using ejabberdctl).  Thus, omicron doesn't
have an account on your new machine.

> I couldnt register the admin account(is this necessary? because it
> is not stated in the wiki)

This is absolutely necessary, and was the sticking point for me last
week on a schoolserver.

> I tried:
> ejabberdctl register localhost admin admin (according to wiki)
> ejabberdctl ejabberd register admin localhost admin (according to
> the previous email)
> or
> ejabberdctl register admin localhost admin
>
> Every time i received:
> RPC failed on the node register at schoolserver : nodedown ro similar

Take a look at the command line parameters to ejabberdctl.   I
wouldn't expect those commands to work.

> Can anyone from collabora please specify the single correct way to
> configure this, because we will never get it right.

Yes, please.

Correct.   You were trying  http://18.85.46.175:5280/admin/, right ?

> I could "telnet 18.85.46.175 5222" from an XO, or "telnet localhost
> 5222" and successfully connected.
> Note 18.85.46.175 is the servers IP.
>
> I tried to connect to the custom jabber server through an XO by
> sugar-control-panel -s jabber 18.85.46.175
> sugar reboot
>
> The gabble logs, which i attach, show an initial succefull
> connection, which failed later on.
> Also in the server side, the following message poped up:
> INFO REPORT:
> [(<0.185.0>:ejabberd_listener:90):(#port<0.388>) Accepted connection
> ({0,0,0,0,0,65535,46935,5098,56209}) ->
> ({0,0,0,0,65535,46935,11951,5223})]
> or similar.
>
> The XO was finally connected to salut. However, no other XO has
> managed to connect to jabber.laptop.org successfully the past week.
> Is there a reason for this?

That is interesting.   The server is up and running, and thinks that
140 of the
7500+ registered users are currently using it.   You might try
restarting it ?

wad