WPA - testing

Ricardo Carrano carrano at ricardocarrano.com
Thu Dec 13 14:54:11 EST 2007

Ok

- WPA works in 657 and in joyride 1407 in the whole stack (UI to firmware).

- WPA support is broken in joyride 1416.

- We knew it before and we have now even more reasons to believe this is not related to
the firmware (since both 1407 and 1416 run 20.p47 and 657 runs 20.p42) and since WPA
worked via wpa_supplicant.

- Whatever changed between 1407 and 1416 seem to have really crashed WPA support, I
mean, now we cannot set it to work via wpa_supplicant anymore.

- 20p47 as far as my tests go is ok. It addresses wds and mitigates #4470 (p42 did it
actually). It also removes unnecessary probe responses. It is not #5194 resistant yet
(Marvell is working on that front and we are testing).

--
Ricardo Carrano