updated GStreamer RPMs

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 14:00:44 EST 2007

Hi,

I've built updated RPMs of the gstreamer and gstreamer-plugins-base packages.
These correspond to versions 0.10.15, as found in Fedora 8, versus the 0.10.12
releases from Fedora 7 shipped in Update 1. These versions maintain binary
compatibility and fix a number of bugs.

I built them to see whether they fixed http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/4827, but
I'm hoping they might also bring improvements to the other GStreamer users on
the device (Browse and Record come to mind).

It would be nice if these packages could undergo some testing, so that we can
find any regressions they introduce. This will help us know whether upgrading
is a good idea for Update 2.

http://people.collabora.co.uk/~daf/olpc-gst/

There's also a gstreamer-plugins-good package which I intend to update, but
haven't got around to yet.

--
Dafydd