Unable to initialize camera (via mmap interface)

Peter Krenesky peter at osuosl.org
Wed Dec 12 19:03:37 EST 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to initialize the camera device and running into some
errors.  I'm attempting to use the mmap interface initialized by
VIDIOCGMBUF ioctl.  the ioctl is returning -1 and errno is 22.

Is VIDIOCGMBUF/mmap even supported by the driver/device?   If so, any
ideas on what can be going wrong?

Here is the c++ code that is causing the problem:

    video_mbuf              mmap_buf_info;
    if (-1 == ioctl(vidfd, VIDIOCGMBUF, &mmap_buf_info))
    {
        printf ("ERROR: %i \n", errno);
        close();
        return(HXR_ENC_NO_VIDEO_CAPTURE);