Fwd: Help wanted: video demo!

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Tue Dec 11 19:24:15 EST 2007

(Doh! Sent from the wrong email)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Seth Woodworth <sethw at windermere.com>
Date: Dec 11, 2007 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: Help wanted: video demo!
To: "C. Scott Ananian" <cscott at laptop.org>
Cc: Walter Bender <walter at laptop.org>, devel Development <
devel at lists.laptop.org>

I believe that SJ got the rights for us to use Anima Mundi, Koyaanisqatsi
and the rest of the -qatsi movies on the XO.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_Mundi_%28film%29

Very visually stunning.  And shot in the Real World as opposed to digitally
animated, it would provide a very powerful demonstration, either alongside
Elephant Dream or instead of.

I have Koyaanisqatsi / Powaqqatsi ordered from amazon, and I was planning on
getting Anima Mundi via NetFlix to encode them all in Ogg-Theora.

Wast there a specific purpose for this video?  If so what kind of time frame
is this video needed in?  If just for general demonstration, I'll still try
to get this done by christmas.  I'll have an xo this week so I can see how
high of a framerate / quality the XO can handle without slowdown.

Seth