Upgrading to Fedora 8

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Dec 11 15:28:35 EST 2007

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> Does the symlink in /boot to the kernel get updated? I've tried
> smaller-scale updates (just the kernel) and it still reboots into the
> old kernel.

We can not install Fedora's stock kernel package on OLPC.
Not until:

 1) all the OLPC patches are integrated upstream

 2) everything that depend on CONFIG_OLPC also does runtime
    checks, so that a stock i586 kernel can boot on both the
    OLPC and on traditional PCs.

I believe Andres is working on (1), but as far as I know there
are no plans to make (2) happen, although it sounds possible.

--
 \___/
 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/