Restarting a half-started activity

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Mon Dec 10 13:21:16 EST 2007

As I debug how to start my activity with an LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or for other
reasons), sometimes it fails to start correctly at all.  In those cases,
my activity's icon just sits in the ring that shows running activities.
When I move the mouse over it, Sugar tells me it is "Starting...", but
when I look for its process in the 'ps aux' output, the process has
already terminated.

How can I remove the activity from the "Sugar thinks it's starting" state
so I can reattempt to start the activity without rebooting the laptop?

(Thanks all; you've been super helpful so far.  If my questions start
running into FAQ territory I'm perfectly okay with being told to read some
document.)

-- Asheesh.

--
Live from New York ... It's Saturday Night!