status of MANIFEST file

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Dec 8 19:38:19 EST 2007

On Dec 9, 2007, at 1:18 , Christoph Derndorfer wrote:

> So what I'm basically asking is what the exact requirements for the
> MANIFEST file are as activities seem to work regardless of what it
> contains.

Currently, the MANIFEST is not consulted at all when installing or
running, an activity works fine even without it.

Only the bundle builder (setup.py) to package your activity uses it.
The bundle builder also includes many files implicitly so they do not
have to be listed in MANIFEST.

The situation might change once bundles are required to be signed,
but I don't know those plans.

- Bert -