no serial number ?

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Thu Dec 6 01:41:03 EST 2007

tridge at samba.org wrote:
> Scott,
>
>  > Um, I don't like those instructions at all.  Why not just set the
>  > serial number in SPI flash, and set the 'ak' tag while you're at it?
>
> Mitch suggested that first, and it didn't work. Setting a SN tag plus
> a U# tag did work,

According to my recall, it still did not work after the U# tag was set.
The following line from IRC is from just after we got the U# thing set
correctly:

<tridge>    hmm, ok, boot still tells me "could not activate this XO"
followed by "Serial Number: SHF70600215"

We did not succeed until we booted without the initrd.