Status of Develop.activity?

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Thu Dec 6 00:29:14 EST 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 10:15 PM, Albert Cahalan <acahalan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Finally we have the problem of NO systems programming language
> being supplied. It's less than 9 MB for the whole C development
> environment, including a decent collection of *-devel packages.
> You even get a second language thrown in for free, x86 assembly.
> Pretty much everything that matters is written in C, including
> the Python interpreter.

I'd be very interested in hearing details of your 'whole C development
environment'.  By my casual inspection, 'rpm -qi gcc' says that gcc
alone is over 10MB, and that *doesn't* include any of the *-devel
packages needed to make it actually useful.

I believe there has been some work done on identifying a "lightweight"
C development infrastructure; your assistance there would be helpful.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )