Official signed ship.2 candidate 650

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Wed Dec 5 02:23:19 EST 2007

Official signed images for build 650 are now at:
    http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/official/650/jffs2/
You can also use:
    olpc-update 650
but be aware that build 650 fixes an open firmware bug which could
cause your machine to fail to boot after you upgrade.  That said,
*please try using olpc-update*, because we need to get an idea of how
common the failures are (we have not found them to be very common).
If your boot fails after you olpc-update, do an "alt boot" by pressing
"O" when you power-on to restore to your previous OS version and
manually flash the firmware to q2d06, which should fix the problem.

The firmware will not automatically update from the build unless you
are using secure boot; if you have security disabled on your machine,
boot with 'X' held down to do a one-time-only secure boot, which
should automatically reflash the firmware for you.  You must have a
battery *and* AC power present before OFW will attempt to reflash the
firmware.

Since this is an emergency release for ship.2, with very little lead
time, please help us test 650.  It should be identical to build 649
except for the firmware (and I have manually gone through a
file-by-file diff to check this) but bugs can creep in.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )