Signed 648 (ship.2 release candidate)

Michael Burns maburns at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:39:12 EST 2007

I don't have a recent build handy to check, so my information might be
rusty...

On Dec 4, 2007 1:03 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at vpri.org> wrote:

>  Thank you, Morgan,
>
>  I just imagined that having the "ask expert" key, (a la "view
> source" key) would be handy and the familiar tool (i.e., the Chat) can
> be used to ask the people with proper background...

Agreed.

There were mumblings about including a minimalist IRC client that could
automatically connect to freenode/OLPC channels. The developer console was
the original home. Our thinking was that, to really involved XO users with
true development, access to the tools and communication mediums that the
current developers use is important.

Maybe it should be tied to getting a developer key. When you get approved
for a developer key, information about how to use it (and what you can use
it for), along with common tools (vi, irc, etc) that could prove useful.

Come to think of it, a "hey, you know have permissions to install custom
kernels, would you like a gcc build environment installed? [YES/no]" might
be a sub-optimal idea given our target audience. :)

--
Michael Burns * Student
Open Source {Education} Lab