Project Hosting request

Michael Burns maburns at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 14:48:36 EST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 10:10 AM, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:

> It might be better still to pick a generalized variant of a word game
> made from letter grids that lets you choose details of how it is
> played... and find another name.

A bit off path, but a fun word game I just ran across was launched as a
facebook application recently: Noggin.

You are given a 2-dimensional grid (say, 5x5) of letters, and you are asked
to find all the valid words that can be constructed from adjacent letters.
That is, from any starting point, the next letter in your word has to be
'touching' the previous, forming a snake of words. Letter frequency
distribution is used. A time limit is given, and scores (complexity of words
* number of valid, unique words entered) are compared against identical game
boards from other players.

A port, rewrite, or other legal picaso-esque inspiration gathering would be
great for an XO activity.

May or may not work:
http://facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=19242332384&ref=mf

--