Project Hosting request

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Tue Dec 4 09:08:57 EST 2007

> Subject: Re: Project Hosting request
>
> Nice.  The world's greatest word game.  You might consider a handicap
> system where players can be restricted from playing short or common
> words.
>
> And of course in digital boggle one isn't limiited to 6-sided cubes...

Yes, Boggle definitely rocks :-)

One issue - "Boggle", as applied to the game with the little box and 16
letter dice, is a Hasbro trademark.

It would probably be a "good thing" to contact Hasbro and ask them to
donate the rights to their name to OLPC.  This is definitely positive PR
for a large multinational corporation ;-)  but they'll need some
persuasion that it is really in their best interests, I suspect.

Another choice would be to change the name to something
similar-but-not-Boggle, but that's an unpleasant thing to contemplate...

--elijah